I read a great definition of a warrior from ‘The Kids’ How To Do (Almost) Everything Guide. It contains some great values for our grandkids and I’m paraphrasing the points:
- Warriors believe in themselves.
- A warrior gets help when needed.
- A warrior doesn’t make excuses when he or she messes up.
- A warrior does the unexpected.
- Warriors set deadlines, are persistent, and learn from their mistakes.
I think if we could install some of these values in our grandkids, our future generations would be pretty awesome. So next time your grandboy starts to get upset and says he can’t do that puzzle, or your grandgirl cries when she makes a mistake on the picture she’s drawing, encourage them to stand up and be a warrior!
Update: I’ve searched all over Amazon and that book is now hard to find, so here are some other possibilities: